Settle in for a treat as Ram Dass shares the first part of the story of the Ramayana, which features the monkey god, Hanuman, as he serves lord Ram on the journey to defeat Ravana.
Want to be part of the discussion about this episode of Here and Now? Join the Ram Dass Fellowship virtual meetup on May 2 at 3 pm EDT, sign up for the General Fellowship group here to receive more information.
“And he’s very dedicated. Hanuman has come to Earth just to serve Ram. Hanuman is so devoted to Ram that he is like your breath is to your body. He is known as the breath of Ram. He lives so close that he is an example of the way in which, when you’ve totally dedicated yourself to God, you have all the powers to serve, to do everything you need to do, as you will see in a minute.” – Ram Dass
In this episode:
- Ram Dass introduces the story of the Ramayana and sets up the villain, the 10-headed demon, Ravana
- Ram Dass describes how Brahma took birth as Ram in order to defeat Ravana
- He shares how Ram grew up a noble prince, but was ultimately banished from his kingdom and sent to live in the forest with his wife, Sita, and his brother, Laxman
- Ram Dass talks about Ravana’s obsession with Sita and how he kidnaps her away from Ram
- He introduces the great monkey god, Hanuman, who is eager to serve Ram
- Ram Dass reads to us about Hanuman’s quest to find Sita and his leap of faith across an ocean – the greatest leap ever taken
Stay tuned for the conclusion of this epic story, premiering May 8th 2023!
About Ram Dass:
Ram Dass’ spirit has been a guiding light for generations, carrying along millions on the journey. Ram Dass teaches that through the Bhakti practice of unconditional love, we can all connect with our true nature. Through these teachings, Ram Dass has shared a little piece of his guru, Maharajji, with all who have listened to him.
Listen to more episodes of the Ram Dass Here and Now Podcast:
Go back to the very beginning of the journey as Ram Dass talks about his early years in life and the psychedelic experience that changed everything in Here and Now Ep. 1.
How does our perception shape our experience of suffering? Ram Dass investigates the many roots of suffering in Here and Now Ep. 132.
We all touch states of transcendence. Ram Dass explores how we can come into contact with the path of awakening in Here and Now Ep. 164.
Ram Dass breaks down the history of psychedelics and helps us understand the risks and rewards of these consciousness-altering chemicals in Here and Now Ep. 183.
Cut to the chase of what spiritual practice is all about. Ram Dass helps us escape the prison of our egos in Here and Now Ep. 201.