Each of us has in us a psychic DNA memory of the quality of life in the Sat Yuga (the age of truth and purity), where people generally and naturally help each other. This represents an organic flowing of a healthy human heart.
- We are living in the Kali Yuga (Age of Destruction) not the Sat Yuga, where truth does not abound, but isolation, fear and separateness is prevalent. Still there are moments and times when there is a natural expression of helping each other.
- The ultimate alienation is thinking about yourself all the time so you become an object to yourself, you can’t even help yourself.
- Getting over the barrier of “us” and “them” is very tricky.
- If you want to live in a peaceful world, you better be peaceful. If you are full of anger, you won’t bring about much peace. The qualities in yourself determine what qualities manifest in the world.
- When you pit yourself against the way of things, you better expect that it’s going to cost you.
Stuff from this episode:
Photo by PhotoAtelier via Flickr. Used under the creative commons license.