Wisdom is eternally gracious; it sees the world as it is, vast and ever changing. It allows us to become ourselves, to awaken to the actual experience of existence, without getting caught in it. We eventually recognize our shared experience, and a natural sense of respect arises. When we look through the eyes of wisdom, we dissolve separation, and move into the compassionate state of loving awareness. ‘The true joy of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit’.
• Wisdom is Gracious – It sees the world as it is, but also has the capacity to bare all of life’s offerings. It is honest, and not without humor regarding the human predicament
• Becoming Yourself – Wisdom involves being true to yourself – Trust in your own humanness. Spiritual work is more about becoming yourself than changing yourself. Awaken to the actual experience, but don’t get caught in it
• If You Want to be Happy (Treat People Well) – Happiness, freedom and peace are obtained by giving them to others – the offering fulfills the obtainment
• Owning Who You Are – When we can find the space of acceptance and love, a natural sense of mutual respect arises in us. We light each other’s candles, until the whole room is illuminated.
• Wisdom Dissolves Separation
• The Value of Practice – Meditation allows us to cultivate the energy necessary to approach all aspects of our lives
• What About all the Suffering? – Don’t act out of guilt or anger – ‘Save it because you love it’
• Internal/External – We can’t just change the external environment, we also need the inner change of heart
• Pain vs. Suffering – Wisdom sees the difference between the two. Pain and loss are a part of life, but suffering is the reaction, or fear, of the inevitable
• Who Are You? – Know when to drop your ‘role’, it’s never who you really are, and is easy to get stuck in. It’s less about the experience, and more about who or what is having it
• Awareness is Wisdom (We are Awareness)
• Witness Loving Awareness – It’s not a state or a clinging, it’s an invitation to joy
• Wisdom is Our Birthright – We don’t have to obtain it, we are it. With your own wisdom, you can live this life beautifully
Stuff from this episode: