Eben grew up in Ojai, California a mile from the home of rebel spiritualist Jiddu Krishnamurti. Eben great aunt was Paramahansa Yogananda’s personal assistant and driver for a year at the Mount Washington Ashram in 1949. His father, when he was 6 years-old, also met Yogananda, so the thread of spirituality was woven into Eben’s life experience long before he became aware of its richness and beauty. During his teen years, in the 80’s, Eben was a pioneer of the hardcore skateboarding and American hardcore punk rock scenes. He skated, played in bands, went to shows, and today acknowledges his place as a part of that greater movement. The same spirit guided him as he entered his life in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction, and ultimately, into his life as a spiritualist.
- Connections – Eben and I begin by discussing how we found one another on the spiritual and recovery path, Thrasher Skateboarding Magazine, and the social media revolution.
- We’re Going To Do Our Thing – Eben talks about growing up in Ojai, CA, Krishnamurti, The Beatles, eastern mysticism and the seeds that were planted before he had any interest in spirituality, punk rock, painted leather jackets and playing in bands.
- Bonds – Eben candidly discusses losing a dear friend to drugs when he was a teenager and the deep impact that had, and continues to have in his life of punk rock, recovery, spirituality and more.
- From Atheism To God – Eben discusses Anton LaVey, The Satanic Bible, Venom and the role they played in his later spiritual awakening and coming to know him self.
- The Abnormal Physical Reaction – Eben and I discuss the process of addiction, AA, rock bottoms, finding recovery and being of service.
Everything Mind by Chris Grosso
The Heart of the Revolution by Noah Levine
American Hardcore by Steven Blush