This talk from Roshi Joan Halifax looks at reversing the dynamic of the defended heart, and finding strength in vulnerability.
Roshi reflects on:
– How our practice can confirm our inherent strength to uphold ourselves in the midst of any conditions.
– To practice or realize fundamental equanimity and stay absolutely tender hearted.
– “We are plagued by fear–fear in the experience of a separate and solid self. Which we need to define and defend.”
– At times even our own spirituality can be put out there as a defense.
– Love is a meltdown that re-establishes a more unified base of brilliance goodness and sadness.
Image: Aykut Aydogdu