Quantum entanglement leads us to parallel mysticism, synchronicity and selflessness. A strange brew, yes, but interconnectedness is happening whether we know it or not, and seems ultimately is a conscious doorway to freedom. Raghu praises David for not getting enraged at noisy drunkards in a restaurant. We toss around the business of not killing bugs, and Dave’s pet, Boris the Spider. And what it is to see yourself as the lowest person as opposed to pride of selfhood. Tons of chewable subject matter here, no kidding…
• What is Quantum Entanglement? – Quantum Theory requires ‘entanglement’. Not just ‘spooky action at a distance’
• QE in Action – Neem Karoli Baba was consistently reported as having been in multiple places at the same time. Also, ‘the random phone call phenomenon’ – Coincidence or ubiquitous experience of QE?
• Substantiating Siddhas – Will science soon prove the validity of seemingly magical occurrences, and what will be the global implications of these findings?
• Breaking the Habit of Selfishness – ‘Practice focusing on the welfare of others, period!’ This practice helps to undermine our usual habits of self-cherishing. Potential benefits include (but are not limited to) better rebirths, freedom from cyclic existence, and freedom from counterproductive emotions and the confines of the limited mind
• How to Act – Involves a dedication to determination, to hold dear all sentient beings
• Inescapable Interconnectedness – Self-cherishing begins to dissolve when we understand our fundamental interconnectedness. Our impact, in all spaces, on all life forms, is very real. Account for your own attitudes and actions – They aren’t without meaning, no matter how small
• Dave Grows Bored of Anger – Difficult encounters provide an opportunity to advance along the path.
• Practical Pride (Put yourself first, end up last) – Pride takes many forms – learn to recognize your own. Try valuing others more than yourself. ‘Assume your own loneliness is a direct expression of the appreciation of others as being wish granting jewels’
• What Crisis Reveals – Genuine personal growth is often gift wrapped in some form of crisis. Don’t ignore the signals or symptoms
• Bugs: To Smoosh or not to Smoosh?
Stuff from this episode:
Photo via Live Science