Raghu is joined by Rick Doblin, head of (take a deep breath for this one) Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, otherwise known as MAPS!
Rick Doblin describes some of the things that helped him to see into a new reality, including his faith-puncturing Bar Mitzvah, which forced him out of what would have been a “manufactured” mystical connection. Doblin then goes on to describe his introduction to LSD in college, and how he discovered a new way of processing information and consciousness from those experiences; it opened him up to the emotional world.
Other topics discussed include:
– The emotional stability of our culture
– Using psychedelics for healing and therapy
– Using psychedelics to rail against the “us” and “them” rhetoric present between countries, religions, races and creeds.
– Doblin’s discovery of the underground psychedelic community
– How LSD opened the “Westerners” up to to a visceral understanding of their time with Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaji) when they traveled to India
– How do the subjects of the “Good Friday” experiment look back on their psychedelic experiences today?
– How does MDMA work?
– What is The Theory of Causal Indifference?
– How can psychedelics help with PTSD and other trauma?
The MAPS website