Chris Grosso – Ep. 29 – Spirituality, Technology and Mysticism: An Interview with Zach Leary
• Beginnings – Zach talks about growing up with Timothy Leary as a father, having Ram Dass around his house, Be Here Now, and the beginning stages of his spiritual path.
• Controversy – Zach and I discuss ISKON, Osho, Trungpa Rinpoche, and others in regards to their teachings and surrounding life controversies.
• Ram Dass and Maharajji – Zach and I swap stories about our experiences with Ram Dass and Maharajji.
• Kirtan – Zach talks about taking up the harmonium and singing his devotional heart out.
• Music And Spirituality Zach and I talk about finding spirituality in music using examples such as Krishna Das, Bruce Springsteen, Iron Maiden, Shelter, 108 and more.
• The Future Of America – Trump, Clinton, and Sanders. Zach shares his thoughts on why Bernie Or Bust will actually cause more harm than good, and the overall victory that Bernie Sanders has had regardless of how behind he is in the polls.
Image: Mike Liveira’s Space
Bio – Zach Leary
Zach is the host of the “It’s All Happening” podcast, an infrequent blogger/writer and a seasoned digital marketer and brand strategist. Zach is also a practitioner of bhakti yoga as taught through many of the Vedantic systems of Northern India. Through the practice of bhakti yoga he has found keys that unlock doorways that allow the soul to experience it’s true nature of being eternal, full of knowledge and full of bliss. In addition to bhakti yoga, Zach has been influenced by many different methods and traditions of consciousness exploration ranging from trans-humanism to Buddhism and clinical psychology. Zach is also a frequent pundit on the political systems that are fueling societies economic systems and structures. At the core of all of Zach’s work is the belief that we have been fused together by the adoption and collective practice of using technology, spirituality and mysticism to define the very nature of who we are.